Car Accident Injury? Call the Atlanta Law Firm of Benjamin O. Bengtson!
If you have been injured in a car accident due to someone else's carelessness or negligence, you don't have to deal with it alone! My name is Benjamin O. Bengtson
, and I am a personal injury attorney who specializes in helping car accident victims just like you. It is my pleasure to serve the residents of Atlanta, Georgia and the surrounding areas.
When Should You Call a Car Accident Lawyer?
If you have been injured in a car accident that is not your fault, using a car accident attorney will greatly increase the odds that you will recover the full costs for your injury. Most people are unaware of how much an injury can cost them over time. As an experienced car accident lawyer, I know of the many different ways that an injury can be costly to you not only in the present, but also in the future. Here are a few of them:
- Anticipated future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Bodily injury
- Permanent scarring
- Loss of consortium for spouse
- Current and future work income
- Inability to work
- Inability or hindered ability to engage in your favorite sports and hobbies
- If someone else is at fault for your injury, then it is only right for you to be compensated for it. I will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve.
How Can I Know If the Other Driver Is at Fault for My Car Accident Injury?
If the car accident that caused your injury happened because the other driver broke a traffic law or was negligent, then he or she is at fault. Here are some of the ways that the other driver can be at fault for your car collision injury:
- Reckless driving
- Texting while driving
- Talking on the phone while driving.
- Taking eyes off the road too long, such as when adjusting the radio
- Following too closely
- Failure to use a turn signal
- Drifting out of a lane
- Getting into the turn lane too soon and recklessly speeding down it
- Failure to yield right of way
- Failure to stop at a stop sign
- Running a traffic light
- Applying makeup while driving
- A recalled car
- Defective car parts
- Bad brakes
- Tires with insufficient tread
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Turning into oncoming traffic
- Brake lights not working
- Failure to dim bright lights for oncoming traffic
- Failure to yield to a pedestrian at a crosswalk
- Hit and run
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs, including certain prescription medicines
How Using a Car Accident Attorney Benefits You
Insurance companies have claims adjusters and attorneys working for them to minimize their costs. Often, they will make "lowball offers" without you even knowing it. They might make it sound like their lowball offer is the very best you can hope to get. Their offer may not cover or even take into account all of the current and future costs of your injury. But a good, experienced car accident attorney will immediately recognize it when this happens and make certain you get the amount you are justly entitled to.
If you have been injured in a car accident, you need to concentrate on recovery, and leave hassling with insurance companies and their lawyers to an experienced car collision attorney. As your lawyer, I will work very hard for you, and fight to make certain that you obtain the full settlement that you deserve for your injury.
What Should You Do if You are in a Car Accident?
- If you or someone else is injured, call for an ambulance right away.
- Otherwise, call the police and do not leave the scene until they arrive.
- Call your insurance company and report the accident.
- Then as soon as possible, call me at 404-596-5518.
- Be polite, but do not tell anyone the accident was your fault, even if you think it was. There may be factors of which you are currently unaware. For instance, you might assume that you pulled out in front of the other driver, but it could be that he was speeding, driving a long way down the turn lane like it was an ordinary lane, had failing brakes, or was driving too fast for conditions.
- Point out to the police officer anything you think he should know.
Document the Automobile Accident
- Get the name, address, phone numbers, license number, and insurance information of the truck or bus driver.
- Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of witnesses.
- Take pictures of the vehicles, the accident site, and the conditions.
How Quickly Should I Call a Car Accident Attorney?
As soon as possible. For most car accidents, the statute of limitations is only 2 years in Georgia. As time passes, the more likely it is that witnesses will forget important facts, accident records could be lost, and evidence could be destroyed or lost. So the earlier I can get to work for you, the better! Call me today at 404-596-5518
for a FREE consultation.